Community Residential Services (CRS)
Services are centered in the CRS home and in the community, as designated by the person-served, family, and team. All activities are designed to promote as much independence as possible. The primary purpose in our CRS program is to support persons served as they develop to their fullest potential, achieving the most normal lifestyle possible within a supervised setting. Daily needs are met either by the individual when capable or by our direct care staff.
Current Residential Openings
- Youth male, Cottage Grove
- Adult male, Brooklyn Center
- Adult female, Long Prairie
Eidelweiss Respite Program
The Eidelweiss respite program located in Anoka County, MN provides care for people with developmental disabilities or related diagnoses in a licensed foster care home on weekends, holidays, vacations, or during times of emergency. The goal is to support and assist family members who need time away from the care they normally provide. A full range of services will be provided by trained Meridian staff members upon request of the person served or team.
Services include 24-hour supervision, care, medication administration, behavior management, socialization and recreation with an emphasis on community integration.
- When ongoing respite services are initiated, the individual’s team meets to formulate a plan that identifies needs, determines how they will be met, and evaluates the staff-to-person-served ratio needed
- Respite stays are scheduled on a Wednesday through Saturday afternoon and Saturday evening through Wednesday schedule
- The respite stays are either 3 or 4 nights
- Parents provide transportation to and from the respite site on arrival and departure days
- During the respite stay, staff will transport persons served to and from their schools and work or will arrange for other appropriate transportation
- To a large extent, the respite stay will be structured to replicate the familiar routines of the family home
- Individual interests will play a significant role in planning for the respite stay
- Community recreation and leisure activities will be the focus of the respite services